Thursday, November 15, 2018

Seen while canvassing - signs


Seen while canvassing
Part III- Signs

The best part about canvassing is having an interaction with fellow citizens.  One favorable outcome to canvassing is being able to plant a yard sign.  

Here are some signs we saw while canvassing, and a few signs we planted.

Part IV is here.

During a canvass early in the summer, it was unusual to find yard signs out yet.
We were delighted to find this at the top of a huge hill we climbed.


For months I've had yard signs spilling out of the trunk of my car.

A sure sign that the canvasser will encounter a dog at this house.

Encouragement - yard signs for our candidates.

The trunk of my car.

My canvassing partner and I planted these signs!


Less often seen - signs for the governor and lieutenant governor.


Signs of the opposition: "Who Killed Seth Rich?" and "Drain the Swamp" 
Not sure what flag this is.



"Hate has no home here" sign

An emergency alert we received while
out canvassing.  Plus my rendition of the
President, with his tie.

A sign on a car.

We tried to leave a hand-written post-it note for each voter
we did not get to talk to personally.

As Halloween got closer, we saw quite a number
of signs with this message.

Wine a bit.  You'll feel better.
My sentiments exactly.



Click here to go to Part 4.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that mystery flag might be the state flag of Tennessee.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I am one of those people who do not put political signs in my yard, although if a canvasser such as yourself had come to offer, I might have done so this year. The signs for the opponent here gave me opportunity to think bad thoughts about my neighbors. I would have rather not known how they voted. There is a hill near my house where many, many signs are planted (not sure if it's legal) and it looks a bit trashy to me because they don't get picked up after the election.

Anonymous said...

I like the wine sign and the cute door mats. We see a lot of political signs here, about 50-50 between most candidates which is interesting to me.