Thursday, November 15, 2018

Seen while canvassing - people

Seen while canvassing

Part IV - politicians and canvassing partners

One of my regrets is that I was not ever able to go out canvassing with the actual candidate.  I came close - I went with a woman who had been working closely with our candidate for nearly two years.   It was a joy to see this canvasser at work.  She readily connected with voters at the door, knew how to answer just about any question, and always, always managed to convey a sense of good feeling about our candidate, while not compromising on the candidate's positions.

I did get to meet and talk with several candidates.  I even got to shake the governor's hand.

You, the voter, may think that talking to a canvasser is annoying.  But for me, the canvasser, this was necessary work to heal my soul.

To start at Part I, go here.


The candidate for State Rep (at left) during canvassing training




My canvassing partner writes a note to the voter.


Smile for a canvassing selfie

I can't say I recommend canvassing after dark.  This photo was taken
near the end of this canvassing day.  


The candidate for State Senator (far right), staff, and supporters.

Our group with Governor Wolf (he's the man)


Canvassers, before hitting the streets
Another canvasser selfie


As the campaign season neared its end, it got COLD!


A much needed post-canvassing debriefing session.
Over drinks, of course.

Click here to start over at Part 1.



3 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Good for you! You really put your feet to the pavement to promote democracy.

Anonymous said...

I admire your fortitude and willingness to put yourself out there for this good cause. Canvassers rock.

Aileen said...

It's been great reading your series about what you saw while canvassing!