Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Professor has questions about the election


Here is a guest post from the Common Household Husband, who is a university professor.  He takes a cue from his students on important questions to ask about the election.


* * * * * * * *


There is an election today. My wife will be working the polls.  These are some of the questions I asked her:

Will this election cover all of the political landscape for the past term, or just the last few weeks?

How many questions will be on the ballot?

Is each question on the ballot worth the same number of points?

Will some questions on the ballot have more than one correct answer?

If yes, will I lose points for selecting an incorrect answer?

Will calculators be needed for this election?

Will phones be allowed?

I don’t do well on electronic ballots. Can I have a paper ballot?

I arranged several weeks ago for a ride home on the day of the election. Can I take the election when I get back?

I am uncomfortable in crowds. Can I take the election in a separate room at a time of my convenience?

Will the results of the election be curved?

After the election is done, can I meet with you to go over my selections on the ballot?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO how my students respond when I ask if they have any questions!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

That's a bit painful... You're making me glad I don't teach!
I'm also glad that WA is a mail-in state (all paper ballots).