Monday, May 4, 2015

Standardized Testing

For every school day, I try to leave a note for Youngest Daughter to cheer her up as she gropes her way through the pre-dawn hours, getting ready to go to school.  This is in lieu of actual parenting, which would mean getting up and cooking a hot breakfast for her, making sure she is dressed properly for the weather, and standing at the door waving as she trudges up the hill to the bus stop. 

Some of my notes in recent weeks have evolved into a Monday Morning Quiz.  Just in case you do not have enough tests in your life, I have included some here (please click to embiggen).

We begin with Great American Literature:



Now moving on to time management skills:




Back to Literature.  

 And two reminders disguised as quizzes:



Of course, I love it that she sometimes leaves a question for me.

What kinds of questions were on your most recent test?    Who do you think is the protagonist of Moby Dick?

6 comments:

Cassi said...

I'm pleased to say I've never read Moby Dick. And now I want to leave quizzes for my kid, but I have to get up before she does, and drive her to school. Since I'd be up when she encounters them, I think there would just be eye-rolling involved :-)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I love that I'm not the only mom who stays in bed when the resident teenager gets up to go to school. This makes me very happy and much less guilty.
Back in the day (once or twice) I got up to make him breakfast but he didn't have time to eat it or didn't want it. Pfffft. I like to sleep.
I'd leave quizzes but he'd just ignore them!
Ishmael makes me laugh (her answer, that is). I never made it through Moby Dick, because Capt. What's-his-face annoyed me. Ahab's Wife wasn't my favorite book, either, but at least it was easier to read.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Poor last children. They get the lazy parenting, don't they? :)

Anonymous said...

Your quizzes are awesome!
Your family's sense of humor is a joy.

The Crislers said...

My most recent tests have been a little more real-life, endurance-style. If they were written, I'm sure the questions would be things like, "How much longer can you take this without screaming?" and "Multiple Choice: You currently know where how many of your children are: 1, 2, or 3. Bonus if no one is bleeding!"

I much prefer your quizzes. No one asks me fun questions about books or the Doctor.

smalltownme said...

It's been so long since I read Moby Dick and all I remember is the Patrick Stewart TV movie so I'm going to go with Who is Patrick Stewart for $200, Alex!