Saturday, April 18, 2015

PInk Saturday: Reluctant Gardener Edition

Pink Saturday seems like a good excuse to show you photos of the flowers in my yard.

In spite of my poor gardening skills, these hyacinths have bloomed.  Thank you, Liquid Fence.

The Kwanzan cherry blossoms are from a few years ago. Last year this tree did not bloom at all.  I attributed that to the extremely cold 2013-14 winter.  Then this year we had an equally cold winter.  Still, I am hopeful.


Okay, these are more magenta than pink, but still...

Fuschia and purple hyacinths

Pink and white hyacinths



Bleeding hearts: will be pink

Kwanzan Cherry blooms from 2012

Here's hoping we see these blooms again this year!
It was very helpful to find this blog party of pink.  Tomorrow I am preaching from the pulpit (for the first time ever; possibly the last time) and need anything and everything to dispel nervousness.

To see the rest of Pink Saturday go to this link!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bodacious! Especially those last blooms--well-grown, you!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Lovely pink, Carolyn -- and yes, fuschia counts!
Signed, another reluctant gardener

smalltownme said...

Pinkalicious!

Shabbyprimdelights said...

Beautiful pinks...thank you for sharing ...HPS Michelle

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Love blooms wish I could smell them
HPS
Laura

Cassi said...

Beautiful! That cherry would be worth babying even if it only bloomed once every 5 years or so :-)

Good luck with your sermon!

The Crislers said...

I love the variety of colors in your hyacinths! It looks like just the inspiration to plant more this fall- I'm trusting you to help me remember this.