Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spring in Earnest


Today spring began in earnest here, with plants and flowers bursting forth from the earth, and warm sun to cheer us all.  
    
However, I myself seem to be lacking enough energy to write.  Chalk it up to too many religious services, I guess.  Don’t get me wrong: I’m glad to recognize and celebrate God’s mighty hand and outstretched arm, both in providing the exodus from Egypt (or escape from Emperor Palpatine, if you prefer) and Jesus’ resurrection from the dead.  

So instead of prose, I’ll just provide you with photos of flowers.  Most of these are inside flowers.  I wanted to take more photos outside, but some scofflaw in her pajamas was walking her dog without a leash, so I had to run inside.

This evening I expressed my profound gratitude to my husband by saying tenderly, "I'm glad you don't take your dog for a walk without a leash in your pajamas."  He replied, "What would a dog be doing in my pajamas?"

Bulbs to plant - a gift from a dear friend last week.


Daffodils, bowed over by stormy weather

Bunch of beauteous bulbs

A week later, these tulips are gorgeously in bloom.
I am enjoying them so much!


The hyacinth worships the box of matzo.

6 comments:

Angie said...

So glad that spring has finally come to rescue you. Nice here too this weekend. Enjoy the season. You earned it!

Suburban Correspondent said...

There's a bit of Groucho Marx in every Jew, I believe...I thought the same thing your husband did.

Cassi said...

Those hyacinths --they're heads are just too big for their bodies!

I'm glad spring has arrived for you --we all deserve it after this winter!

Nice new picture, too, of the CHM in spring :-)

Anonymous said...

All that bright color! That makes me feel hopeful now!

smalltownme said...

Beautiful flowers! They always make me happy.

The Crislers said...

Those peach daffodils have me swooning. I literally put the back of my hand to my forehead, they're so beautiful.