Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Panama Rocks Park


The second day of our vacation we went to a small private park called Panama Rocks Scenic Park.  We all loved it.

As soon as Youngest Daughter heard the guy say, “You are permitted to leave the main path,” she was delighted.  Then there was this sign at the entrance, ensuring an adventure ahead.




The place was filled with moss-covered crevices, trees growing on the sides of cliffs, caves, impossible rock formations.  Great entertainment for a 14-year-old with an imagination.












5 comments:

Cassi said...

Wow, that looks like an awesome place to climb around! I really love the photos of the tree roots clinging to the rocks.

Angie said...

Reminds me of Cooper's Rocks State Park, in West Virginia. Or is it the Maryland panhandle? Somewhere around there.

Anonymous said...

That sign charms me! (as do your photos!)

The Crislers said...

Gorgeous photos! I second Cassi Renee, I love the tree roots. And the photos of you guys holding up all those rocks.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

What a great place!
Makes me wish it was around here near me somewhere instead of on the other side of the country.