Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Culinary Efforts: Food made from food


Following up on my last post…

When I finally got around to cooking something from a recipe, I made Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry.  Only two of us liked it: Oldest Daughter and me.  Unfortunately the recipe made a truckload of curry, so it was around for several days. 

To make up for that, I made lasagna next.  Mine is not high-quality lasagna, but I do put it together myself, so it’s a step above frozen lasagna.  I served it while Youngest Daughter was away at Girl Scout camp.  My son offered this prayer that night, with a tone of relief in his voice:

Thank you, God, for the lasagna.  Thank you for the peace and quiet we have been experiencing the past two days...” 

* * * * *

As much as the Common Household might need relief from processed food, others are really in need of relief.  My prayer lately is for rain and moderate temperatures everywhere they are needed, which is for most of the US.  Unfortunately, that’s not what is in the forecast.  The effect on crops and, by extension, on many people around the world, will be painful and difficult.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.
I think we're getting some rain today.

Cassi said...

We got another 1/2 inch very early this morning --65 mph winds and we were lucky again and still have electricity. I should knock on some wood.

Of course, if this keeps up, we might have to actually mow the lawn!