Saturday, March 17, 2012

Progress is Being Made

First, we look outside the house for progress. In the space of just a few days, we went from this:


.... to this:


to this:


And from this:

to this.
Soon, these will be hyacinths!


Inside, we had this at the beginning of the week.  It is supposed to be a brain cake.
It is made of yellow cake mix, with pink food coloring added, and butter cream frosting, with more pink food coloring added.  It was baked in my Pampered Chef glass mixing/baking bowl, which I once used to make a cake into which I inserted a Barbie doll.  Perhaps someday I will grace the blog with photos of that, but not today.

I did not make that cake.  I rarely do cake mix. I don't do pink food coloring.  My girls made it, purportedly in honor of their Dad.  Let's all say it together: "Ew."  But they ate it.

Today Oldest Daughter concocted this, which is made of chocolate, a significant improvement.
The white filling is marshmallow fluff, which lives up to its name.  The brown filling is chocolate ganache.  Heavenly.


Progress is being made.


3 comments:

Angie said...

Yes, that is awesome progress. I'm still getting accustomed to the growing seasons here. So different. Most of the garden is already in.

Cassi said...

Oh wow. It's a brave person that could eat that brain cake! Still, points for creativity, huh?

Bijoux said...

I've made some interesting cakes over the years for the kids' birthdays, but never a brain cake.