Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Interior Life at Deep Creek Lake

On our Deep Creek Lake vacation, the inside activities were just as wonderful as the outdoors.

Board games:
Okay, they are outside, but it's an inside game.

I was told that this just ended up this way during
 an actual game, but I still don't believe it.




Painting and art sessions:
My aunt is an artist, so she knows where to get
 these tiny canvasses for us amateurs to paint on.  

And plenty of time for reading, movies, chatting, and sleeping.  It was wonderful.  We haven't really been on a vacation like this since.   This summer we'll be scouting out colleges (again) and getting ready for a bat mitzvah, so memories of this 2008 vacation will have to do for the time being.  I'm not complaining.  God is good to have given us this opportunity and the good memories of it. 

What sort of locale do you prefer for vacation - big city, sunny beach, forested mountain?  What do you like to do on vacation?



1 comment:

Bijoux said...

I love the mini easels and canvases!

I enjoy a big city vacation as much as a trip to our national parks. Anywhere far away from home is good!