Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving Survey: Words

Back for a limited time only:  my unscientific Thanksgiving survey!

1. Name a book for which you are grateful but which you have never read.

2. What is one word that will be useful to you on Thanksgiving Day?

3. List a word or phrase which you would be grateful to hear on Thanksgiving Day.


Some books I have never read: my Dad's books

Some words I might find useful on Thanksgiving Day:

Check


Lunch

Some words I might want to hear on Thanksgiving Day:
Awesome.

People, God, cupboard.
(Don't you really wonder who would step out
if you opened the doors of that cupboard?)





A word which might be useful, but which I do not particularly want to hear on Thanksgiving Day:
Warning
If you absolutely adore surveys, you can read my Thanksgiving surveys of previous years here (for 2013) and here (for 2012) and here (for 2011).

7 comments:

smalltownme said...

1) Pioneer Girl, Laura Ingalls Wilder's original manuscript, which is being published soon.
2) "Ready!" or "Pie!" or "Stuffing!"
3) "This is delicious."

Anonymous said...

1. Jane Eyre. (really!)
2. "We're almost there."
3. Cousin Meghan stayed home sick today.

The Crislers said...

1) I'm thankful for the Warriors series of books because my daughter completely adores them, to the point where she's that weird kid on the bus acting like a Warrior Cat; whatever, still thankful, I'll take quirky passion over cool apathy any day.
2)"Help"
3)"Best pie ever."

Common Household Mom said...

@Green Girl, is there a story behind your response to #3? ! ? !

slow panic said...

1. All Shakespeare (I know it's shameless)

2. Go Away

3. Go take a nap, you've had a hard week.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

1. The Myth of Sisyphus (for some reason, my teen daughter loves this book, and I like it when she's happy).

2. Ready!

3. I love you.

Patience_Crabstick said...

Finnegan's Wake by James Joyce
Hot!
We'll wash the dishes, mom.