Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Virtual Garden Tour Invitation

A few days ago, as I was valiantly weeding my hopeless hillside garden, I was thinking about how I participated in that virtual Holiday Tour way back in December, hosted by Jen on the Edge.  It was fun and cheering.

I thought that we should have a virtual garden tour, with links to posts about everyone’s gardens.  I hope Jen does not mind me piggy-backing on her idea.

This is mainly because, despite appearances, I can hardly grow anything, so I garden vicariously by looking at other people’s photos of their gardens.

If you would like to participate in the July 2014 Virtual Garden Tour, leave a comment on this post or e-mail me (without any spaces) at

  leaf monster 2000 – at –   gmail – dot –  com. 

Any kind of garden is eligible - flowers, vegetables, herbs, rock garden, water garden.  Show off one plant or many.   If you don't have a garden yourself, but your town has a nifty one, showcase that.  When you leave a comment, you can mention briefly what kind of garden you will be featuring.

Then put your garden tour post on your blog by July 13.  I have made a note to myself to post all the links on that day.

Not our Garden

Also not our garden

Feeding the chicken topiary at Longwood Gardens (not our garden)

Longwood Gardens



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in! And I like "not my garden"--very lovely and inspiring;)

smalltownme said...

I don't have a "garden," just a very dry yard. But I've been wanting to take a walk through a local botanical garden so I will feature that.

The Crislers said...

Eek. I don't know why this scares me, but it does. I'm in.

Cassi said...

Yes! This sounds like such fun!

Angie said...

I don't have any gardens planted at my new home yet. But I'll send blog posts on a couple beautiful public gardens here in Louisiana. My favorite garden in Pittsburgh is Phipps, naturally.

Patience_Crabstick said...

Great idea! My own "garden" is truly a disaster and the harsh winter seems to have killed my figs and my Virginia sweet spire. I might be able to produce one or two photos, shot from careful angles.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

Great idea! I will check back on 7/13 to see everyone's posts. I'm only going to be a looky-loo because I'm out of town this week and my garden is California small, that's why. :-)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Great idea! I'm in (I hope I remember...) and will resist the urge to go up to the big, beautiful city park with formal garden, rose garden, perennial garden, dahlia garden, lilac garden, etc., etc.