Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July is Busting Out All Over


Today is a warm, warm day in Western PA.  I grew up in Baltimore, though, so I can’t really say that it is HOT here. 

My balloon flower is blooming!  Yesterday it wasn’t, and today it is, one flower on each plant.  My two balloon flower plants are like Laurel and Hardy – one is a bit skinny, the other a bit stout. 


The flower on "Laurel"




The flower on "Hardy"


Ready to burst open!

The balloon flower is on the left.
That dark purple flower on the right is a petunia.


I find these plants so odd and fascinating.  And this year there are plenty more balloon flowers to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busting indeed! I love bloom season so much, too.

The Crislers said...

I love your balloon flowers! That purply-blue may be my favorite color- I guess you could call it indigo?

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I've never heard of a balloon flower before -- how fascinating to watch it bloom!