Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Thanksgiving survey: places

A time-honored tradition in the Common Household: the turkey pillow

It's time for the Common Household time-honored tradition of the

Thanksgiving survey:
Places

1. Name a place where you have never been, but for which you are grateful, and explain why.

2. Name your favorite place on earth, other than your home (although I’m not trying to say that your home is necessarily your very favorite place on earth).  Bonus if you say why it's your favorite.



Please participate by giving your answers in the comments.  Happy Thanksgiving Preparation Week!

Chautauqua Holy Land Map

How to make sure your letter gets to the place you intend it to get to

Best Poem Ever with the word "Place" in the title


4 comments:

Bridget said...

1. I have a lot of answers for this one. I have never been to Ireland, the moon, or prison. I am grateful for the home of my ancestors and the heritage they have passed on to me. I am grateful for all of the beauty in the sky. Last, I am grateful for the police, and other law enforcement people who help to keep my family safe at the risk of their own lives.

2. My new favorite place on Earth is The Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. Not only was it one of the best vacations we have had as a family, but the beauty is unbelievable! I don't have words to describe it.

Anonymous said...

1. Iceland. Mainly for literary reasons.

2. Hoh National Rainforest. Because it is amazingly beautiful.

Green Girl said...

1. The Amazon--for all the wealth of resources it gives the planet.
2. England is my favorite place, I feel at home there. York, in particular, gives me every warm feeling.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I missed this one and answered on your post-Thanksgiving post.
I do agree with Anonymous: the Hoh Rainforest is beautiful!