Saturday, November 25, 2017

Mr. Golden Sun: Thanksgiving survey results

Nobody said that the beach was their favorite place.
Too much sand.


Thanksgiving survey: Places

1. Name a place where you have never been, but for which you are grateful, and explain why.

Answers received from the Common Household extended family:

a. Only 2 questions?

b. Switzerland – They seem civilized, not prone to violence, and they make good chocolate and good timepieces.

c. Antarctica, because it’s where the emperor penguins live.  The mother penguin lays the egg and the father carries the egg on his feet.  The mother goes tobogganing off to find fish to feed the whole family.  And the father produces milk!

d. The vet, because it means I don't have to take care of gross dogs.

e. That place in the sun where the reaction takes place that creates sunlight, because that provides light and heat for the earth.

f.  The core of the earth.

g. the refrigerator

h. The Forbidden Island

i. kelp beds

j. the sun – gives us light and keeps us warm.

(Please click to enlarge)
Pictionary Telephone game, in which
"Now is the winter of our discontent
made glorious summer" becomes
"Oh, Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun"


2. Name your favorite place on earth (other than your home).

Answers received from the Common Household extended family:

a. Only 2 questions?

b. Vermont – Little River State Park, B & Bs, fishing, Ben & Jerry's

c. (still thinking about it)

d. Maryland, because that is where my family is.

e. the local park, because it is a nearby place where I can enjoy nature.


g. The top of a mountain with a lovely view on a sunny day.



j.  Solon, OH.



(Please click to enlarge)
Pictionary Telephone game, in which
the survey question was used as a
starter sentence.
3. A bonus question was not posed; however, a bonus answer was received.

Answers received:
i.  bonus answer



2 comments:

Bibliomama said...

I actually read that post, went to comment, and choked. I'm not sure why. Well, I'm bad at picking 'most favourite' anything. I always have categories and sub-categories. I really love the campground we go to every summer with the kids and three other families because it's such a different way of life for a week and we're all together.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

This was harder than I first thought!
1. Scotland gets my vote because of John Knox's part in the reformation. Our church is named for John Knox.
2. For many years my favorite place was my MIL's living room. We could "just be" and it was always relaxing. Now our home is that place for my oldest and his wife and this makes me very happy. Perhaps my answer now is the beach: I don't go very often (it's an 8-hour drive) but the last time I went I could feel the stress drop off my shoulders as soon as I got out of the car and put my bare feet in the sand.
Happy Thanksgiving!