Five Reasons to go to the beach on a rainy day with my brother:
1. “No one will be there! It will be great!” So said my brother, and he was right.
2. Less chance of sunburn. This is important for us Very White People. Our only other skin color is red+peeling.
3. You can see dolphins. Lots of them!
4. The waves will be awesomely huge and impressive (this means fun for some people).
5. You have an excuse not to play the board game Settlers of America.
Five Reasons not to go to the beach on a rainy day with my brother:
1. Vertigo, resulting from having head smashed repeatedly by crashing waves.
2. Nausea, resulting from vertigo.
3. Spending the next morning at the Urgent Care Center as a result of nausea.
4. Spending rest of the day drugged up on meclizine, prescribed by the Urgent Care doctor.
5. The vertigo gives you an excuse not to play the board game Settlers of America.
This is the same brother who encouraged my son to set fire to a pumpkin. He likes a good adventure, and is moderately interested in safety. He also likes playing Settlers of America.
It was really cool seeing the dolphins. There were a lot of them, and they seemed to be swimming back and forth, just about 40 feet off shore. Sometimes they swam in pairs. It was almost worth several days of vertigo. Strangely, seeing those dolphins gave me hope for the world.
|The day before the rainstorm|
|My brother, respecting the wave on the day after the rainstorm.|
|The Settlers of America game|