Friday, February 10, 2012

What does it all mean?


What does it mean when you tell your daughter she will be alone in the house all morning, and she claps her hands together with glee and says, “Then I’ve got work to do!” and rushes out of the room?


What does it mean when you are driving through a tunnel, with 5,000 tons of rock above you, and water drips from the ceiling onto your car?


What does it mean when the road sign says “No Turns” and the very next road sign says “Left Lane Must Turn Left”?


What does it mean when you work for 12 hours straight to help your aunt pack for moving to a retirement home, but it hardly looks like you made a dent in the mountains of stuff?


What does it mean when your husband comes home with provisions (while you are away on your trip), bringing meatloaf, Doritos, and Ho-Hos, and your son says, “Dad, I see you’ve been to the man store!”?


* * * * *


I drove 328 miles today, home from my aunt’s house, and I’m wondering what it all means.

What do you think it all means?

I think it means it's time for bed!

2 comments:

Cassi said...

Your daughter: it means you should be very scared. I know I would be :-)

The tunnel: as a geologist, I can reassure you. Even very strong rock is porous.

The road signs: I think that means you should turn right, really.

Packing: I'm not going to face that direction yet --even thinking about it is too tiring.

Lastly, it means you have a great family. Thank goodness, or else none of the rest would be worth it.

I hope a good nights sleep helped some.

Anonymous said...

Your daughter sounds like a real hoot!
Road signs in construction zones give me head aches.
And you deserve sleep.