Monday, January 31, 2011

Water Voyage

Writing Challenge: Write about a water voyage you once took. 
My response:

The wind whipped through my hair, partly obscuring my view.  I thought of the others who had made this trip, knowing the impossibility of escaping from their island destination. When I had left the mainland shore, the sunlight was warm and the breeze was strong but friendly.  Now the wind showed its true nature – combining with the cold waves below the boat to confirm the inhospitable nature of the world.  Perhaps those people who long ago made this water voyage had always been surrounded by an inhospitable world and that turned them into the evil pitiable creatures they became.  Perhaps they were simply evil and it was they who made their own surroundings inhospitable.  As I disembarked from the boat I shivered as the ghosts of evil welcomed me – the ghosts of Alcatraz.

No comments: