Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Preparations

 Wise men gather at the manger:
Finger puppets from the Unemployed Philosophers' Guild.
Left to right: Ben Franklin, Edgar Allan Poe, Barack Obama,
 Isaac Newton, and William Shakespeare.
Not pictured:  Karl Marx finger puppet.
  (Did you really expect to see him at the manger?)



Battlefield station for Operation Holiday Card-writing:




We are SO ready for this tree branch to be gone.   The Tree Man is coming tomorrow.  Then it will be safe for tall people to come to our house.
Why do I always wait for the coldest day to get the Christmas lights up?
Answer:  So the neighbor can make fun of me, every year.


Staying warm requires extra layers, not to mention STAYING INSIDE.




5 comments:

Cassi said...

Are those dictionaries I see at the card-writing station?! You take card writing very seriously!

Nice photo, and what a pretty blanket, I love the colors in the yarn.

Common Household Mom said...

Ha! Yes, it's a dictionary and a Torah commentary, which I needed not for their words but their weight, to flatten out some cards that got a bit squished.

Anonymous said...

Best group of wisemen EVER. Dang.

The Crislers said...

I only just got the hang of layering this winter: I discovered that when sitting on the couch, if I'm wearing cuddleduds under my clothes, a blanket on my lap and a scarf and hat, I can stay warm while blogging or reading. I may look like a pile of laundry, but I'm warm.

smalltownme said...

Yes, love the wise men!