Wednesday, August 6, 2014

New York City questions

Tonight is the last night of our vacation in New York.  I am glad that for the past year, I have been walking for exercise at least once a week with my friend JJ.  It was excellent preparation for this trip. I walked more in the past four days than I did in the past four months.

Even though we are leaving tomorrow, we have amassed some questions that remain unanswered, partly because we have had limited internet access.  Instead of looking up the answers to my questions during this precious five minutes of internet service, I am going to tell you our burning questions and ask what questions you have about NYC or about life in general.

Our Questions about Manhattan/New York City
How many kilowatts of electricity are used daily in NYC?

Where does the electricity come from?

By how many square feet was Manhattan expanded through the use of landfill?

How many chickens are eaten in NYC every day and where do they come from?

How do the chickens get here?  (The most obvious answer is:  The Staten Island Ferry.)

Could our Son find new sandals in NYC when he could not find any in Western PA?

What is on the 81st to 85th floors of the Empire State Building, where we tourists were forbidden to go?

How many miles did we walk today?  (Feels like 500.)

In Central Park, do they fertilize the grass?  Do they have grub problems?

Are there moles living under Central Park?

To what degree are public conveniences, such as "Chess and Checkers in Central Park", supported by taxes?

Where is Neil de Grasse Tyson?

8 comments:

Alison said...

When do we get to see the answers???

Suzanne Casamento said...

These are very good questions about New York! I know what you mean about feeling like you walked 500 miles. New York does that to you. ;)

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

Grub problem as in insect larva problem or food problem? Because I think you mean the former, but the latter is more palatable to think about. :-)

Cassi said...

The last time I was in NYC was for my sister's wedding, ages ago. We went up into one of the WTC towers. We also walked a lot, but I can't say any of those particular questions occurred to me. I'm looking forward to hearing the answers :-)

Angie said...

Great questions! I was only in New York City once, years ago. I was visiting a friend and didn't do a tremendous amount of sightseeing.

Anonymous said...

very good questions. I found it an amazing city both times I visited. Would enjoy heading back someday...

smalltownme said...

I love the last question the most.

The Crislers said...

I know the answers to zero of those questions, and am hoping that you'll discover and post some answers. Inquiring minds and all that.

I'm very jealous of your NYC holiday. I unexpectedly loved that city.