In this post I bring you snippets which I have heard at church and/or Bible study over the past few months.
- “Bless your lil ol’ pea-pickin’ heart!”
- “Charles Spurgeon – is that a kind of fish?”
- “Clear the swamp when you’re up to your ass in alligators.”
- “Seven daughters?! And they didn’t invite Moses over for dinner?”
- “In Exodus 2:19 we’re not in Kansas any more!”
- “Corinth – it’s right near Ikea.” [Corinth was in the region called “Achaea.”]
- “Throughout the Bible we see these regular old schmoes getting a mission.”
- “What would you do if your rhododendron started talking to you?”
Things our parents said to threaten discipline:
Don’t make me come up there!
Do I have to stop the car?
You don’t want me to come back there.
- the Book of Mothers and Fathers
- Eat the foods from the Bible and you will live 900 years.
* * * * * *
That’s all I got today – I don’t seem to have the energy to write a real post. Life is going strong, and everything is good here, except Youngest Daughter has a cold and the bathroom sink is leaking, and I have to be two places at once tomorrow. But we have four walls and a floor, soft beds, food, and recently discovered Doctor Who episodes. We are watching the Christopher Eccleston version. As I understand it, there are 11 different Doctor Whos. (Who’s? Whose? Whoes?) Doctor Who must have eaten foods from the Bible, 'cause he's been around a long time.