Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Department of Home Security


One morning this summer, I came downstairs for breakfast and found this sign posted on the inside of the front door, right where everyone could see it as they came down the stairs.


P u b l i c
You will acually be asked to sign first
A n o u n c m e n t

I am searching for people to be spies.  Come to the room of the little one when the flute rings an old tune.  There, you will greet me, learn the rules of spying, and, if you still wish to join, sign the document of secrecy.  Come and join!
*
P u b l i c
You will actually be asked to sign first
A n o u n c m e n t

On the other side of the paper was this:

Document of Secrecy

I do hereby swear that all
 activities, notes, sayings, and
 everything generally done in being a
 spy will be kept in utmost secrecy.

I, ________________, do solemnly swear.
I, ________________, do solemnly swear.
I, ________________, do solemnly swear.

Note: If you break this solemn
 swear, you shall be punished
 severely.  You shall have no screen
 time and no desserts, or any
 kind of sweet food, for a week.

Pigpen code:  .....

Three people signed the secrecy document, although I do not recognize any of the names there. I wonder who they are spying on?  At least now I know what constitutes a severe punishment around here.

I feel safer already.  Don’t you?




2 comments:

Mariah Reed said...

it is interesting to note that "the little one" left only 3 lines for spies. indeed, i am intrigued . . . upon whom were they spying?

Maria Sondule said...

Lol I thought me and Spring signed that three months ago. We spied on you, mother, and we didn't really find any conspiracies.