Friday, September 25, 2009

Sending Autumn

Today is my father’s 81st birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad!

And it is autumn, my favorite season. I wish I could send some autumn down south to my friend Angie. Instead I’ll have to send autumn thoughts. Cheryl Wheeler wrote a beautiful song called “When Fall Comes to New England.” Here’s a snippet of the lyrics. If I knew how to embed songs in my blog I would. But I don’t. Maybe you can find it on i-tunes.

When fall comes to New England
The sun slants in so fine
And the air's so clear
You can almost hear the grapes grow on the vine.

The nights are sharp with starlight
And the days are cool and clean
And in the blue sky overhead
The northern geese fly south instead
And leaves are Irish Setter red
When fall comes to New England.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thank you! Yes, I could use a bit of autumn. It's in the 80s in southwest Louisiana today.

Maria Sondule said...

Wow, is he really that old? He doesn't look a day over twenty!